Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Lets vote!

  1. #11
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Looks like I'm the odd man out here.

    I was thinking Dev-IN--but that's probably because I knew someone before whose name was pronounced that way. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member BitsyGirl996's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    De-Von

  3. #13
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I think Dev-in. Either way its a cute name.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I pronounce it DEVin as in sevin and heaven, with the accent on the first syllable.

    Julia

  5. #15
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I think it's Devon pronounced like Kevin. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Devon101's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2006
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, it can be pronosed either way, so you are all right. But.... I pronose it Dev-in I know some guys say it Dev-on, but mines Dev-in. [img]smile.gif[/img] I just know relized, most of you think my name is Dev-on, so i decided to take a vote! [img]graemlins/chat.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member raindrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm with the other NCers, and say "De-vin", rhyming with seven. Is it wrong?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Devon101's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2006
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, you are correct. Devin does rhym with seven and heaven. And kevin and well, you know what i mean [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 13, 2006 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Devon101 ]</font>

  9. #19
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I heard the pronunciation Dev-on on That's So Raven and it was a guy with the name so I figured for a girl it might be Dev-in. Almost (but not quite) like Gabrielle and Gabriel.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also thought Dev-in- although my friend with the same name pronounces the "in" part a bit closer to "un." Dev-un. But said quickly, Dev-un would be pretty indistinguishable from Dev-in and I doubt that the -un is purposeful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •